I passed the 16-week goal for the program this week, within week 11 of the program. And I’m in the process of tossing out (okay, donating…but tossing out sounds much more impressive) a LOT of old clothes.
I was looking in my meal tracker book and it’s fun looking at the numbers change on a weekly basis. So I thought I would put the numbers into Excel and do a quick chart.
I am going to do the chart again as I finish up the program, and attach some dates onto the week numbers…I think dates are much more meaningful. In the end, I may make a photo book out of the whole experience. Which, of course, means that we probably need to start taking more pictures. But I will get some pictures of the clothes that are about to leave the house, because the size of the pile is quite impressive. I’m wondering if I should also get a picture of me in some of the old clothes before they go (many of them were purchased prior to my first weight loss effort a couple years ago – where I started at 260 and finished off around 220).
Looking at the chart, I marked off three lines – the baseline weight, the target weight that was set when I enrolled (we set a program target of 187, and my personal target was 190), and a new target weight (which we agreed upon last week as we crossed my personal target goal). At this point, everything is all gravy, as I weigh less now than I did in high school…which is pretty cool.
And there’s still a long way to go. When I finish up the 16 weeks of Phase I, I start a 12-week Phase II that focuses on maintenance and building/reinforcing the skills and information that has been learned in Phase I. But more on that in 6 weeks. 🙂